Scenic Boundary Waters canoe day trips on lakes and rivers near Ely, Minnesota, take you to historic Native American pictographs, picturesque views, and fishing hot spots. This is a great way to get a taste of the beautiful North Woods!
Guided canoeing day trip fees are $275 for a group of up to 2 people, and $350 for a group of up to 4 people. Additional guests (up to a maximum of eight guests) are $40 per person. Pricing is with guests driving to the entry point with the canoes for the day trip, using our free canoe tie-down supplies.
Guided day trips include a knowledgeable and friendly guide, canoes, paddles, and life jackets. Shuttle service for the day trip is available for an additional charge. Guided fishing trips include fishing poles, tackle, and live bait.
Personal Items List for Guided Day Trips
- Reliably waterproof rain gear tops and bottoms
- Brimmed hat
- Waterproof camera, or non-waterproof camera with water protection
- A bag lunch*
- Water bottle and water*
- Insect repellant. At least 25% Deet is effective against mosquitoes, but not biting flies. Insect repellents containing the ingredients MGK 264 and MGK 326 are effective against biting flies.
- Fishing licenses, if intending to fish
- Optional fishing gear. Free loaner fishing poles are available with advance notice.
* Note that cans and glass bottles are prohibited in the BWCAW.