Boundary Waters Complete Canoe Trip Outfitting in Ely, Minnesota
Our specialty! You will travel with the best trail-tested, quality gear used by the most savvy wilderness travelers.
We provide the quality ultralight canoes, camping equipment, and delicious camp food for your canoe trip!
This is the simplest way to ensure you have everything you need for your self-guided adventure. We'll provide expert routing and trip planning assistance and show you how to use all the gear. It's all at a great price!
This Complete Outfitting Package Includes:
- Expert trip planning and routing advice
- Thorough pre-trip orientation at our shop. We review your outfitting, show you how to use everything, answer your questions, and do a complete route-out sharing our favorite campsites, fishing hotspots, and points of interest. We also share advice on navigation, safety, leave-no-trace ethics, and how to get the most from your trip.
- Ultralight canoes with comfy portage pads
- Premium bent shaft paddles
- Life vests
- Detailed waterproof navigation maps of your route (One free set per group. Yes, take these home with you!)
- Navigation compass with lanyard
- Deluxe camping food – Click here for our exclusive mouthwatering menu including fresh food options. Our guests rave about the menu. You’ll find signature local items made in Ely as well as Ely’s own gourmet coffee. We even pack snacks, s’mores, and optional individual packets of tartar sauce, lemon juice, and malt vinegar for your lakeside fish fry. With advance notice, we gladly accommodate dietary restrictions. Our food packages comply with BWCAW rules prohibiting metal cans and glass bottles. A great trip deserves great food!
- Color-coded food packing system
- Specialized food pack, with waterproof liner
- Specialized portage packs (for camping equipment, clothing, and personal items), with waterproof liners
- Nylon stuff sacks to stow clothes in your portage pack
- Ultralight backcountry tents (in sizes rated for 1, 2, or 4 people)
- Quality lightweight coated nylon 10′ x 12′ rain tarp (ie, dining canopy) with attached rope
- Comfy, freshly laundered sleeping bags rated to 20 degrees F
- Self-inflating full-length sleeping pad
- Therm-A-Rest pack pillow
- Nesting cooking pots
- Deluxe fry pan griddle
- Specialized pot and griddle gripper handle
- Trail coffee press
- Plates, bowls, and cups
- Specialized northwoods utensil bag designed to tie on a tree trunk for off-the-ground drying and storage
- Utensils including forks, spoons, knives, serving spoon, ladle, and spatula
- Water filter
- Souvenir personal water bottle for each participant (Yes, take these home with you!)
- Camp stove with pressurized fuel
- Crazy Creek camp chairs that also work for canoeing back support
- Toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Folding bucket (for doing dishes and dousing your campfire)
- Dishcleaning kit, including biodegradable soap, sponge, abrasive cleaning pad (SOS pad), and non-scratch pot scraper
- Matches and lighter
- Bear rope system for hanging food
- 50′ of utility cord (handy for a clothes line, extra guyline, securing a canoe, etc.)
- Trail saw
- Compact trail hammock
- Slap straps for safe, simple and tree-friendly hanging of hammock
- Small roll of duct tape
- Cook grate and trowel (Quetico only. BWCAW campsites have iron grates and latrines.)
- Shuttles to many Ely area entry points
- Hot showers on your return
- Superior service every step of the way
|Daily Per Person Rates|
|2 - 5 People||6+ People|
|2 - 5 Days||$100||$95|
|Youth under 18 years save 20%. Children under 8 years free. One youth or child discount per adult at full price.|
Bring your own sleeping bag and save $2 per person per day. Bring your own tent and save $3 per person per day. Package rates are significantly discounted and require the entire group be outfitted with the complete package. Downgrade to heavier aluminum canoes to save $10/person/day.
First and last days count as full days. Rates do not include permit fees.
Solo travelers add 15% to 2-5 People rate. Nonprofit groups with a tax exempt number receive a 10% discount off above rates.
Complete our convenient Trip Routing Form and we will email you custom route options that fit your interests. The route descriptions include awesome interactive maps and helpful route details. Plan your canoe trip now for the best selection of quota entry permits.