Ely Outfitting Company Policies - Deposits, Cancellations and Liability Release
OUR #1 POLICY
Do our best to ensure you have a successful Boundary Waters canoe trip with your friends and family.
Deposit for Outfitting or Guide Services: A deposit of $100 per group is required for canoe and equipment rentals, partial outfitting packages, and professionally guided day trips. A deposit of $100 per person is required for complete outfitting packages and professionally guided camping trips. Dorothy Molter Experience, Women in Wilderness, and Layne Kennedy Photo Workshop guided group trips require a deposit payment of half the trip price.
Deposit for BWCAW Permit: BWCAW entry permit fees are $16 per adult per trip and $8 per youth per trip. BWCAW permit fees paid when reserving the permit are: (1) the total permit fees for the permit holder and up to three alternate permit holders (or a minimum fee of $32), plus (2) a nonrefundable $6 USFS reservation fee (per permit), plus (3) a nonrefundable $10 permit acquisition fee (per permit) when Ely Outfitting Company reserves your entry permit.
Deposits paid are deducted from the total amount due on your final trip invoice.
CANCELLATIONS AND EARLY RETURNS
- Cancellations more than 30 days before a trip start date
- All cancellations (self-guided and professionally guided) more than 30 days before a trip start date are refunded deposits, less a $50 service fee and any nonrefundable permit fees.
- Cancellations less than 30 days before a trip start date
- For self-guided trips, cancellations less than 30 days before a trip start date are refunded deposits, less a $100 service fee and any nonrefundable permit fees.
- For professionally guided trips, no refund of deposits will be paid on cancellations less than 30 days before a trip start date. This policy reflects the significant burden of last-minute cancellations on professional guide staff.
- Bunkhouse reservations have a $50 cancellation fee. If we are able to re-book the bunkhouse for your scheduled stay, then there is no bunkhouse cancellation fee.
- No refunds or credits are provided for late arrivals or early returns.
- Dorothy Molter Experience, Women in Wilderness, and Layne Kennedy Photo Workshop guided group trip deposits are not refundable and not transferable to a different year due to the extremely limited group sizes. We suggest considering independent travel insurance due to the nonrefundable nature of these deposits. Final nonrefundable payment is due 30 days before the trip.
Complete Outfitting and Partial Outfitting Package rates are significantly discounted and reflect the nature of shared camping equipment in the packages. Therefore, to obtain package pricing, the entire group must be outfitted with the package to receive the discounted package pricing. Individual canoe and camping equipment rental items are an option when the entire group does not desire the package.
Payment in full is due before trip departure. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
All guests must sign a Liability Waiver and Trip Participation Agreement.