Ely Outfitting Company Policies - Deposits, Cancellations and Liability Release
OUR #1 POLICY
Do our best to help you have a successful Boundary Waters canoe trip with your friends and family.
- A deposit of $100 per person is required for complete outfitting packages and professionally guided camping trips.
- A deposit of $100 per group is required for canoe and equipment rentals, partial outfitting packages, and professionally guided day trips.
- A deposit of $48 is required to reserve a BWCAW entry permit.
- Deposits paid are deducted from the total amount due on your final trip invoice.
CANCELLATIONS AND EARLY RETURNS
- Cancellations more than 30 days before a trip start date
- All cancellations (self-guided and professionally guided) more than 30 days before a trip start date are refunded deposits, less a $50 service fee and any nonrefundable permit fees.
- Cancellations less than 30 days before a trip start date
- For self-guided trips, cancellations less than 30 days before a trip start date are refunded deposits, less a $100 service fee and any nonrefundable permit fees.
- For professionally guided trips, no refund of deposits will be paid on cancellations less than 30 days before a trip start date. This policy reflects the significant burden of last-minute cancellations on professional guide staff.
- Bunkhouse reservations have a $50 cancellation fee. If we are able to re-book the bunkhouse for your scheduled stay, then there is no bunkhouse cancellation fee.
- No refunds or credits are provided for late arrivals or early returns.
Complete Outfitting and Partial Outfitting Package rates are significantly discounted and reflect the nature of shared camping equipment in the packages. Therefore, to obtain package pricing, the entire group must be outfitted with the package to receive the discounted package pricing. Individual canoe and camping equipment rental items are an option when the entire group does not desire the package.
Payment in full is due before trip departure. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
All guests must sign a Trip Participation Agreement, Assumption of Risk and Liability Release.