Ely Outfitting Company Policies – Deposits, Cancellations and Liability Release
Deposits paid are deducted from the total amount due on your final trip invoice.
Deposit for Outfitting or Guide Services: A deposit of $100 per group is required for canoe and equipment rentals, partial outfitting packages, and professionally guided day trips. A deposit of $100 per person is required for self-guided complete outfitting packages. A deposit of $200 per person is required for professionally guided custom camping trips. Guided group trips (e.g., Dorothy Molter Experience, Women in Wilderness, Photo Workshop, etc.) require a deposit payment of half the trip price.
Deposit for BWCAW Permit: A permit deposit of $48 is required for Ely Outfitting Co. to reserve your required entry permit with up to one alternate permit holder. BWCAW entry permit fees are $16 per adult per trip and $8 per youth per trip. BWCAW permit fees paid when reserving the permit are: (1) the total permit fees for the permit holder and up to three alternate permit holders (or a minimum fee of $32), plus (2) a nonrefundable $6 USFS reservation fee (per permit), plus (3) a nonrefundable $10 permit acquisition fee (per permit) when Ely Outfitting Company reserves your entry permit.
Deposit for Bunkhouse-only Reservations: The required deposit payment for groups that do not reserve canoe outfitting and only reserve a bunkhouse unit is the entire price of the bunkhouse stay.
Payment in full is due before the canoe trip launches. Final payment for professionally guided custom camping trips and guided group trips is due 30 days before the trip launches. We accept cash in US dollars, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. A service charge of $30 will be imposed on dishonored checks.
CANCELLATIONS AND EARLY RETURNS
- Outfitting and guide service deposits are fully refundable within seven days of the deposit payment.
- Self-guided trips: Cancellations at least 14 days before a trip start date are refunded the outfitting deposit, less a $50 service fee. No outfitting deposits are refunded for cancellations less than 14 days before the trip start date.
- Professionally guided custom camping trips: Deposits are not refundable and not transferable to a different date. Final nonrefundable payment is due 30 days before the trip. This policy reflects the significant burden of cancellations on professional guide staff. We suggest considering independent travel insurance due to the nonrefundable nature of these payments.
- Guided group trips (e.g., Dorothy Molter Experience, Women in Wilderness, Photo Workshop, etc.): Deposits are not refundable and not transferable to a different year due to the extremely limited group sizes. Final nonrefundable payment is due 30 days before the trip. We suggest considering independent travel insurance due to the nonrefundable nature of these payments.
- Bunkhouse-only reservations (without canoe outfitting): Cancellations at least 14 days before the check-in day are refunded the deposit, less a $50 service fee. No bunkhouse-only deposits are refunded for cancellations less than 14 days before the trip start date.
- Entry permit deposits: $16 is nonrefundable when Ely Outfitting Co. reserved the permit. If the permit cancellation is less than two days before the entry date, then no permit fees are refundable.
- We require trip cancellations be in writing (email works) to avoid miscommunication. The written cancellation must indicate your desire for Ely Outfitting Company to both (1) cancel the group entry permit (if Ely Outfitting Company reserved your permit), and (2) the need to cancel the outfitting reservation.
- No refunds or credits are provided for late arrivals or early returns.
- Independent travel insurance is an affordable option to safeguard your vacation investment. It may cover trip cancellation or interruption, medical evacuation, emergency medical services, baggage loss, etc.
Complete Outfitting and Partial Outfitting Package rates are significantly discounted and reflect the nature of shared camping equipment in the packages. Therefore, to obtain package pricing, the entire group must be outfitted with the package to receive the discounted package pricing. Solo travelers add 15% to outfitting package rates (except the fishing pole package). For outfitting packages that include a canoe, parties are typically outfitted with two-seat and three-seat canoes. Guests may request one solo canoe per outfitting package group at no extra charge. If more than one solo canoe is requested, each additional solo canoe adds $10 per solo canoe per day.
RETAIL STORE RETURNS
If any of our products fail to meet your expectations, simply return them within 30 days in new and unused condition. We will gladly process an exchange or refund.
All guests must sign a Liability Waiver and Trip Participation Agreement.
As a modern and inclusive outfitter, we welcome and encourage guests of all backgrounds and abilities.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. This institution is an equal opportunity employer. This business is owned by a member of the LGBTQ+ community.