Stay in Ely the night before your canoe trip to get on the water early on your first day. Stay the night after your canoe trip and have a celebration dinner.
- Ely Outfitting Company Bunkhouse – 218-343-7951 – Click here for photos. Our bunkhouse options are extremely popular. Our rooms provide a private, clean, comfortable, and affordable lodging option at $28 per person, plus tax. The bunkhouse units are newly remodeled, next door to our shop, and within convenient walking distance of Ely’s shops, restaurants, and entertainment, as well as Ely’s Whiteside Park. Each air-conditioned unit has its own private entrance, bathroom and small refrigerator with freezer. Our comfortable beds include a fresh fitted sheet, a pillow, and a pillowcase. Bath towels as well as soap, shampoo, and conditioner are also provided. Guests use their own sleeping bags, or sleeping bags provided with their outfitting package. A flat sheet and blanket are NOT provided. Bunkhouse Unit #1 sleeps up to nine, with a minimum four-person rate. Unit #1 includes one full size bed, six bunked single beds, and the potential for two roll-out beds. Bunkhouse Unit #2 sleeps up to four with a minimum three-person rate. Unit #2 includes four bunked single beds. Bunkhouse Unit #3 sleeps up to nine, with a minimum five person rate. Unit #3 includes 2 bunked single beds, 6 single beds, and the potential for a roll-out bed. Bunkhouse Unit #4 sleeps up to four, with a minimum three person rate. Unit #4 includes 4 bunked single beds. Bunkhouses are 100% nonsmoking. Check-in is after 3pm. For late check-ins, we leave a key and instructions for letting yourself into the bunkhouse. Check-out is by 10am. Well-behaved, quiet dogs allowed with advance notice and $15 per pet fee. The bunkhouse is exclusively available to our outfitting and guide service guests.
Hotels and Motels
- Adventure Inn – 218-365-3140. This Inn provides some of the newest and “greenest” rooms in Ely. Their new energy efficient building uses solar powered hot water. Rooms start at about $85 per night. Six blocks from our shop.
- Canoe on Inn – [Closed during 2021 season] This clean and affordable basic motel is near downtown shops and restaurants. Rooms start at about $70 per night. Seven blocks from our shop.
- Grand Ely Lodge – 800-365-5070. This is a large hotel overlooking Shagawa Lake on the edge of Ely. It has an indoor pool and on-site restaurant and lounge. Rooms start at about $150 per night and may require a two night minimum stay. 1.2 miles from our shop.
Camping Options (Organized by distance from Ely)
- Fall Lake Campground – U.S. Forest Service campground on Fall Lake, 8.5 miles from Ely, tent sites $14-$17 per night, optional electric sites, group sites with special rates, RV sites, click here for reservations and full facility details.
- South Kawishiwi River Campground – U.S. Forest Service campground on the S. Kawishiwi River, 10 miles from Ely, tent sites $12 per night, non-electric sites only, click here for reservations and full facility details.
- Fenske Lake Campground – U.S. Forest Service campground on Fenske Lake, 10 miles from Ely, tent sites $10-$12 per night, group sites with special rates, click here for reservations and full facility details.
See more lodging options on the Ely Chamber of Commerce website.